I was tagged by Aunty Maria of Tok Mummy to Save Yvonne's Sight. I have been ridiculously busy for the past two weeks; this will be a short post-the only reason I'm doing this is because I think everyone deserve's their vision and hearing! So people, feel free to pass this along, ok?
Yvonne Foong (go read her blog for the full story) has the very rare condition called Neurofibromatosis Type II (NF II), which should not be confused with NF I. NF II is an autosomal dominant condition that causes benign tumours to grow in her brain, spine and peripheral nerves, and is distinguish from NF I by the presence of bilateral acoustic neuromas (among others). Yvonne was diagnosed at the age of 16.
"Yvonne, who runs a blog www.yvonnefoong.com is the author of I’m Not Sick, Just A Bit Unwell, (picture), has been raising money on her own to pay for her operations, is losing her eyesight. The operation is due in December and once again she needs to raise funds for it. The cost of the surgery is USD44,000 (RM154,770) and the cost of her hospital stay for two weeks is USD915 or RM3219."
"She has already raised RM10,000 of this but obviously still has a long way to go. She's hoping to raise the rest by republishing her book I'm Not Sick, Just A Little Bit Unwell in English and Chinese.The books are now available in Malaysian bookshops and from her website store. She is also selling T-shirts at bazaars and via her web site store. You can read about her surgery and donate to her fund here."
You can also help by sending on this meme. If you do, please follow these meme rules:
1. Create a blog entry titled "Meme: Save Yvonne's Sight"
2. List three things you love to see. Add in the picture of Yvonne's book cover. The URL is http://www.yvonnefoong.com/images/banner/my-story.jpg
3. End with the line, "Yvonne Foong is in danger of losing her eyesight thanks to neurofibromatosis (NF).
Please find out how you can help her by visiting her blog at http://www.yvonnefoong.com."
4. Tag 5 blog friends. Be sure to copy the rules, OK?
5. If you have a Facebook account, please check out Ellen's new invention, a "feme" pronounced FEEM, a meme designed for Facebook here. And if you want to blog about NF, that would be great too!
The 3 things I would love to see are:
1) My family...
2) The smile on a baby, especially my dear Chee Keong...
3) A cure for movement disorders (a research interest of mine)...
The 5 People I Tag are:
1) The Razzler
3) Kak Pi
4) Ae Mi